Sunday, July 28, 2013

Days Twenty Five through Twenty Nine - R!

Alright, so Tuesday, right after Ording was finished. We were pretty wiped, and in my brothers room, I guess I decided that today was going to be a productive day. Something about the waking up at 1:30 must've invigorated my spirits, because we decided to design me a business card. This took a minimum of six hours, naturally, during which we went through three or four different models, each printed with difficulty, examined, and scrapped until we found something appropriately ridiculous. My brother loved the latest design, a thing of his own personal invention. This was, naturally, to become an issue in only twenty-four hours time. S came over, and finding us having spent the entire day inside, promptly dragged our sorry butts into the bright sunshine and told us to do something outdoorsy. Our response? "Let's dig a firepit". So we did, with shovels and the whole lot, right where this old sandpit was. This particular square meter of fine rock was far too small for it's supposed purpose of entertaining children, who, presumably, must've been the size of my right pinkie to have enjoyed it. Digging it up, however, revealed prelaid bricks underneath, which, once we emptied the middle section of dirt and a weird plastic cover, made a near-perfect fireplace. Right in our own backyard. What in the world. Anyways, this immediately called for sleeping outside, with a tent, and chairs, and a bonfire. So, when it grew dark (which was about eleven, that still screws with me), we headed out and did exactly that. Eventually my brother and S retired to the tent, while my sis and I headed for our own, less bug-ridden beds.

The next day was very exciting for just about everyone except me. This meant early wake-ups, people running out the door by seven (spooky!), and driving over to Neinberg to pick up R from the train station, and file some passport stuff, so that my female sibling could make her escape to India shortly after my leaving. Naturally, I slept in until about the same time as yesterday, which meant that my waking up had less to do with any light indicator, and more with the sounds of R and my brother making breakfast. I headed out, greeting R (my brothers best friend), and sitting down to hear of her exploits in France, where she stayed in a castle and visited museums as part of her art education (she wants to become a cartoonist, which is pretty sweet, and so I offered to do her website). The next part of this introduction was showing her the products of the previous day, the business cards. These she immediately vetoed, much to the dissatisfaction of my brother and the amusement of me. In her words: "Look, fades are so two-thousand. It looks amateurish". Before we could start on an alternate design, however, we headed off to go on a walk with S. We met up with her parents at there house, stayed for lunch dessert, and then headed into the woods, where R and i caught up on lives, and my brother and S chatted about who knows what. We reached a lookout point, saw the view, and came on home, just i time for me to start working on the cards again. Sleep came sometime after, after another fire, and my sister and I camped out in the tent this time.

Thursday. I worked on the cards, did some website stuff. We had people over. Chilled. Went to check out the local food coop, which was filled to the brim with supposedly delicious, very expensive, totally German titled food. It was actually pretty sweet. Went on a walk with R, where we found a lookout for a nest, with a solitary puzzle piece on it's floor. The plot thickened, then broke the stirring spoon. We presumed that we'd wandered into the lair of a Frog King, and would have to pay penance for some unutterable deed we'd unknowingly committed.
We had another fire.

Friday was quiet, which was nice. My brother went sailing with my German dad, and they came back windswept and exalted. My sister and I went for a walk until late at night, and stepped into the bushes to let a particularly slow car roll by. She made a comment to the effect of  "Either they're learning to drive, or a very specific act is taking place in that car". Then we sat on the line in the middle of the road, watched the stars, and chatted. It was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment