Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Days Seventeen through Twenty - This Is Me Sprinting to Catch Up

The next couple of days all sort of blend into one another, so I'll just give you an over view, plus highlights.
Sound good?
Good. No, you don't get to speak.
Shush.
Anyways.

My brothers birthday was a Saturday, so the next day was monday. It was slow, creaky, warm and cozy, normal stuff for a morning. Li, El, Aa, and T came over, to chat and sit on the new deck and int he hammocks. My sister begged Li into teaching her some songs on the guitar, and he complied. El and Aa left at some point, and D joined us. I wrote a bit, and talked a bit, and we ended up laying sprawled out on the grass lawn. We played badminton, eventually with all of us shirtless (except for my sis, of course). Then came handstands, and iced tea, and we played hacky-sack, T's new favorite game. They were shooed away, and we had dinner quickly enough. That evening we went down to the community center, where S showed me the clothing room, where people leave old things and others can take them, like a free library for everything. We met up with Ti, Aa, Ka, and El, and played another round of vikings chess, this time on the brick instead of the grass. We slaughtered them, and cheered with fists in the air. Then Ti wheeled out a barrel, and people gathered scrap wood to make a fire with. They dumped it into the barrel, I lit it up, and they pulled over some benches. We chilled like that until late.

Tuesday was the lake. We left pretty early, grabbing swimsuits and piling into the car, the whole fam. There was a red mushroom-shaped shop for stuff, and a playground, which they called a youth hostel, but I didn't believe. We found a small beach near the water, and I read some of my book to my sister while she tanned. We went out on the docks, out over the water, and after reading some more, we decided to jump in. So I went back, got suited up, returned, and we tried to get my German mother to take a picture as we jumped, but she failed. The water was...watery. That was descriptive as monkeys. It was't too cold, and very shallow, but the ground was mossy and creepily squishy, so my sis and I clambered back for the dock. I got up, but she couldn't, so i jumped back in, and she swam the long distance to shore. We got icecream (lemon buttermilk is not as good as you might think), and eventually headed home.

Wednesday was slippery in a timey-sense. I mean, the hours kind of flew by. I guess D left that morning, or the previous night, for Bremen. I swung in my hammock, and read to my sis while she molded clay into incense holder heads and celtic knots. We watched some Lie to Me. It was chill. We had some variation of mexican food, as was the weird case ever since I'd arrived. Every night there was something mexican, even though they rarely had it in general, and Germany had terrible south american cuisine.

Thursday was when my brother had planned to take me to Nienburg, only I heard him slink back into my room late that morning with a whisper of 'screw it. just go back to sleep', to which I gladly obeyed. My german mother's friends were picked up early that day, having just arrived from Berlin. They were Tor and Nat, very spiritual people. I got a comment from Tor that I was the quietest person he'd ever met, replacing his son in that spot. I thought that was pretty chill.

At some point that night, I sent word to the wardens that I was living the free life over here, and even my cellmate had decided that her little jaunt to New York was finished. She got a tour of the premises, and was eventually displayed on the wall of my brothers room, where we now slept. She laughed while we put on virtual silly hats and danced about. All was well.

We would leave for St. Peter Ording the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment