Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day Two - Spaghetti Ice Cream, Man

I've been out of internet the past couple of days

So I apologize for the delay, but here goes.

The next day consisted mainly of lazing around, with us eating a large breakfast and lunch, watching a tv show, and listening to some excellent music. Then we went on a walk, barefoot on a path leading us through the grasses and into the forst beyond. We returned to find an incredible number of deer ticks on us, which we promptly removed. Well, promptly meaning my sister had a minor freak out before extracting each one and looking all over. She later discovered two more on her stomach during a nap.
 
Upon returning from the walk, we resumed with doing the most excellent nothing. Following this, who should arrive but my sisters good friends, D, a medium-length blonde haired wiry tall man, and S, a long dirty blonde haired sturdy average height woman. We made fajitas, an excellent imitation considering the limited German/ Mexican food resources. Following this, and upon all of our insistence,  the car was filled, and we drove to the local Eis shop, or ice cream store. Only really, it was more like a cafe, stuffed with tables and menu layered with various foreign titles, which my limited (none) German could not distinguish. However, there were no cones here, nor meager bowls. No, apparently the Germans know how to eat their "eis" the right way: each filling a dinner plate a half foot high with a mix of chilled flavors. What I ordered, after much deliberation and translation by my German mom, was a plate filled with what looked like a spaghetti dish drizzled with a translucent green sauce. This was supposedly ice cream. I didn't think so. However, as was explained to my utterly disbelieving face, these guys apparently press their frozen delights through a pasta press so as to both crush the soul out of them and alter their appearance to be completely indistinguishable from a carb-loaded noodle dish. 
Despite all of this, this creation defied all imagination and managed to be delectable as all get out.

Anyways, we returned to the grotto, and were shortly joined by two other friends of my sister, T and Sa (so as to differ from S). I'd heard a lot about T from Miss College Chick, so I'd arranged a special greeting for him. I joined them in the living room, shook Sa's hand and T's, then told him I had a greeting from my aforementioned College-attending sibling, and promptly bent to hug his knees. His confused expression was met with my laugh, and his following query was answered with "because she's short". We then all shared a laugh at her expense. Sorry, CC :P

We had much to do in the morning, but I was still on CA time, so we played a ferocious game of "Viking War" (as Gsis says T caled it when he taught us), wherein T and mah Gsis duked it out in a pretty epic battle before she finally slaughtered him and me around midnight. They left, and I was alone to go to bed for the first time. Sleep was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment